Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Sleepover with Little Man

Sooooo, we had a sleep-over with our little man.  This past weekend was Chase and Angie's 5th anniversary….so Friday we met Angie 1/2 way and picked up our little man.  I love that on Thursday he didn't want to go to school…..he just wanted to go to Mimi and Papa's house.  Oh how i love that he loves spending time with us.  Every time he has a sleepover, i put his spiderman sleeping bag on the love seat in the media room - and i always put a new toy on it.  He's never mentioned it before…..but i noticed this time, as he walked in the back door, he walked on his tippy toes to see over the sofa…..he got the biggest grin on his face and of course, ran to the toy.  Later on….might have even been the next day, he was playing and just in passing he said "Mimi, thank you for my toy.  When i come to see you, you always have a surprise for me" - i said "oh Hayden, i wonder why


Mimi does that?" and he cut those eyes at me and said "because you YUV me" - oh yes, baby boy……Mimi sure does love you!  Okay, so many things to say to us….On the way home, he's showing me how to draw an "H" in the air…..then he tells me he's drawing a tootie toot…..I asked what that was and he said it was potty talk….i said "oh Hayden, we don't say potty talk and he said "no Mimi…..no no….I am just showing you how to draw it" =)  I am just typing things as i remember them…..don't want to forget….The last dinner we had here, Hayden said the prayer….in the prayer he said "thank you for my Mimi getting me chocolate tooties"  Okay, so the SWEETEST thing…..Hayden was in playing the piano - He pounded REALLY hard on the low notes….and then he played so softly on the higher notes…..i was cooking breakfast and rushed in to tell him that we had to play soft on the piano - and he said "but Mimi, the really YOWD part is when the soldier put Jesus on the tross" - and then, he played ever so softly the highest notes and he said "and this part…..is when he died for us" - oh my goodness, i just melted BIG time….huge tears coming down my cheeks.  I love that he thinks so often about what he's learned in Mother's Day Out.  Okay, soooooo we are looking for something we have recorded on TV that he wants to watch…..Hayden"  I don't watch Tinja Nurtles - i just watched that when i was growing up" =).  Then this….
Me: "Hayden, when we get home we will have to take a little "rest" since we got up so early this morning"  Hayden: "But when momma says we take a yiddle rest she makes it really YONG rest….and YONG rests make my tummy hurt…..And bedtime makes my tummy hurt too!"
Oh so many things….wish i could bottle them up and keep them forever.  This little man has my heart…..i am wrapped, lock stock and barrel……and it's okay!  LOVE spending time with my little man.  p.s.  While we laid on the floor in the media room - among the many quilts and pillows and blankets and a spiderman sleeping bag…..this little one HELD my hand.  How sweet is that?  How precious is this little boy?

No comments:

Post a Comment