Thursday, November 23, 2017

This day....

Thanksgiving Day 2017.  It hasn't been the best one - Michael is sick and it's sure been a long haul.  We were really looking forward to a little getaway - just the two of us - to Branson MO.  We had a three night stay already paid for in the most beautiful place - Chateau on the Lake - and it was over the top beautiful with a brook running through the entire place - decorated for Christmas like crazy....luxury hotel, 5 star.  We broke up the drive there by going to see Annette and Bill and spending the night with them in Pine Ridge.  We had a great visit and then off for the 4 hour drive to Branson.  We got there late afternoon, showered, dressed and went down to the bar for wine - ended up ordering dinner there because it was just so peaceful and beautiful.  About 1:30 in the morning, Michael woke up sick....really sick.  His first words to me "Please don't be mad at me" - i couldn't understand why in the world?  He said "I'm Sick!" - i know he must feel like every vacation, he comes down sick - but it's not his fault!  Well, sick went to worse and worse.  He stayed in the room the entire stay - and we were both hoping he would get over it.  In the deep part of my heart though, i was so afraid it wasn't just a bug....i didn't get it and i totally should have with shared drinks, kisses and all....but as i was packing the car to leave, he asked me to ask about a Care Now close by....long story short, we ended up in the ER and admitted to the hospital.  He had a small bowel blockage.  We were there for 3 nights and then the LONG drive home.  That was 4 days ago....and he's still so sick.  We can't see a doc for a week.....i just don't know if we can wait that long.  He's so sick.

But this day....we are headed to Frisco shortly to spend it with our precious family.  I guess i am getting old....but "things" just aren't important anymore.....the commercialization of Christmas - ALREADY - can you say even in SEPTEMBER? - is really making me sick.  That seems to be all it is now.  People running crazy, buying buying buying.....forgetting all about the sweet baby we celebrate.  This day.....this day i am SO thankful for my family.  Relationships are what matters most. First of all, that relationship we have with Christ.....i pray that so hard for everyone in my family....hold Him close you guys.....it's what we are made for!  Second my relationship with my sweet hubby and my family.....and my friends.  God i thank You this day ....and always....for the precious family you put me in.....and since then the ones You have placed in my life.  Oh how i would love to go back with a do-over....knowing what i know now.  Goodness, i wasted time.  Goodness, i missed moments and opportunities.  The fast pace of life, the yearnings for "things" - robbed me of so much.  This day i purpose to live and lean into the moment.....thankful for every blessed day You give me.  I purpose to appreciate EACH one in my family and my friends too Lord....realizing, that each one is a gift from YOU.  Thank You Lord for my Michael....i pray so hard Lord Jesus that You will place Your mighty healing hands on him and heal his body now.  It is the desire of my heart Lord.

Thank You Jesus....for this day.  Thank You for calling my name and keeping me close.  You are my amazing Father.....creator of my heart - Author of my story.  Help me magnify You with all i have and all i am Lord.  I love You.

No comments:

Post a Comment