Sunday, August 19, 2018

Praises

In church, during the praise songs, Michael and I usually are pretty still.....i might bring my hands up under my chin.....i may discreetly open then down in front of me....but we are just not the hold your hands up in the air type of people.  For me, i feel it's bringing attention to me instead of the Lord....so i quietly worship and often tears run down my cheeks in praise and worship.

But this night the praise team just BROUGHT it.  The songs were amazing....the team very often bringing us scriptures between the songs.  Toward the end of the last song, the words say "i will lift my hands" - and the leader asked us all to lift our hands.  Michael and i held hands at the time so when we raised our hands, they were still clasped together.

Michael can't sing.  Because of the loss of his voice, he can't sing.  He sometimes mouths the words, but usually just stands quietly and listens.  Oh my gosh.....the song we were singing was SO powerful....i was already tearful....but bless his heart.....our hands linked, we raised them together in praise.....and as the song got stronger and louder - Michael punched our hands up over and over again.....just putting a stamp on the only way he could offer his praise to the Lord.  It was the sweetest thing.....and of course, my tears just rolled.

We are dealing with this voice thing.....we are learning to deal.  Life has changed quite a bit, but it's okay.  He tends to shy away from restaurants and gatherings where it's going to be loud.  He depends on me a lot too.  But it's okay.  He's here, he's cancer free......and he's my Batman!!  Love him so very much.  So thankful for non growing lung nodules and low tumor marker levels.  Praying those stay right there and that old age will find us side by side.  Love my sweet Michael.....SO much.

No comments:

Post a Comment