Wednesday, April 13, 2022

Turning 70

 I don't feel 70.  

Oh, there are plenty of aches and pains sometimes.....I am not as quick as I used to be.  When I look in the mirror and see the lines, I still don't see 70.  I see lines.....I see the gray in my hair.  But 70????? 

I can remember when I was young and my parent's friends were 70-ish.....my goodness, that was ANCIENT.  They looked 70.....acted 70.  I probably do too, but I sure don't FEEL 70.  

I am thankful for this birthday.....thankful for the sweetest gifts God has given me in my hubby, my family, my friends, my love for Him.  I hope I can do 70 proud in sharing this journey with them....with Him.  Hope we can lean in to each moment and grab all that sweet and precious life has to offer....all God has planned for us...the sweet gifts He showers us with day and night.  Goodness, we are blessed.  

I am walking closer to Him these days.  Reading His word, talking to Him more.  Just a closer walk and for that I am thankful too.  I pray each day.....more of Him and less of me.  

Come on 70.....Let's DO this!!



No comments:

Post a Comment