Monday, April 2, 2018

Easter in Frisco

Easter - this year we went to Frisco - we missed our bunch from KC.....but we gathered together at Chase and Angie's for egg hunts, Texas Hold Em,  the BEST pulled pork tacos and cakes as big as Texas.



I love my family so much. I just wish we were closer - not necessarily in location, but in our hearts.

A mix up the night before had Shawn and Avery sitting at the back of the church during the entire service - me holding seats for them and for Michael - and Michael was at home waiting on Shawn and Avery.  It was a wonderful service, but i don't think i fully connected to it because i was worried about where everyone was.  Crazy miscommunication.  Afterwards, we went to a little cafe in Richardson and had dinner - listened to live music, than back to Shawn and Avery's to learn how to play Texas Hold Em.  Fun night even though it had a crazy beginning.

Then on Easter Sunday, we headed to Frisco about 2 - We had Chase's wonderful pulled pork tacos, cilantro lime rice (Angie has perfected that recipe to a T!) and i took layered dip and another appetizer.  Their new kitchen is just beautiful and a perfect place for entertaining.  I hope my days of hosting aren't over.  This little house will hold us all.  I just know how much the Frisco bunch hates driving here.  It IS such a long way.

The egg hunt was a success....even the big girls participated.




Creed came over to join in the hunt with Hayden.  They are just like brothers.  They love like brothers and they fight like brothers.  Such a good relationship between the two and good for Addy.  She got to have both of her brothers with her for a bit on Easter!  What a love that Addy is.....so quiet...so soft spoken.  She keeps lots inside but she loves deeply....love her so.

Avery Grace was very quiet.....i sure do worry about that sweet one.  She's SO sensitive and sometimes just so moody.  I pray that her heart will soon know Jesus.....she's going to need Him as the years go by - the school she's in is SO liberal....and her mind is being filled with it all.  Wish she could realize how much Jesus loves her and what He did for her.  Goodness, i love that little girl.  She looks so much like her momma.  Makes me sad because she and Addy just don't seem to be on the same page anymore....but then none of us do.


 We used to talk - Angie and i - not much anymore.  Just found out that they are testing our little Hayden for muscular dystrophy - my heart is hurting SO bad.  Cannot imagine and have been praying SO hard for his leg to get better.  I noticed this visit that the stiffness is so much worse.  My prayer is that it's NOT MD and that they can find a diagnosis for it and get his leg better.  Bless his punkin' heart he's got my heart BIG time....


Oh how i pray for this little one......i pray He will learn to love Jesus with all of his heart....early in his life - and walk the road that Jesus has carved out for him with such love....such boldness.  He's such a precious boy.....love him so very much.




So glad we got to see Haley again.  Oh my goodness, what a beautiful young woman she has become.  Love this sweet girl.  She's beautiful inside and out.  She gave me the sweetest card with precious words from deep in her heart.  She's such a love.

It was a cold day today.....KC peeps even had snow and ice!  Crazy weather for Easter!  And then we sure got a surprise from our sweet Audrey Marie!  Great grand number two is in the oven!  Gosh, we were surprised! I was thinking last night - she's having her babies at the same age Mimi had the boys!

It was a fun day.....i just wish sometimes we could all take our masks off and really lean into one another - i mean REALLY be open and just LOVE and truly enjoy one another.  But there's so many masks....so many inner struggles between personalities.  I wonder if every family is like this - or is it just us?

I am not sure where things changed.....but they did.....and the biggest change is with Chase.  I pray he's happy Lord.  I pray he's filled to the brim with YOUR love and with a security in YOU.....in his family.  I sometimes worry that he's got too much pressure on him....in his job.  I just pray he's okay.....i don't really know him anymore.....but i love him SO very much and i pray Lord Jesus YOUR sweet Spirit filling him to the brim.  I pray for his health....the hurting in his leg....i pray YOUR healing hand on him.  I am so glad Shawn and Chase seem to be getting closer.  I worry about Shawn when we are gone.....being alone.  I pray their relationship continues to grow closer and that they will always have each other.

Don't know why things changed or when - for a year or two, things just aren't right.....but i will just keep praying that our family will heal....that the chips on the shoulders will fall away and that the egg shells i walk on will leave.  My heart breaks.....but God You are the healer of relationships.  You are the one that knits our hearts together.  We've come apart Lord.....i pray Your hands gently stitching our hearts and lives back to what you intended them to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment