Thursday, December 31, 2020

Addyboo turns EIGHTEEN!!!


 How can this be?  How can 18 years have flown by so quickly?  It seems just like yesterday when I looked into those sweet, brand new eyes and I became a Mimi for the first time.  



See that picture in the upper left corner?  That's the first time I held you Addison Lane.....and right before you looked straight into the camera lens, you looked straight into my eyes....my heart....and oh the sweetness you have given us over the last 18 years! You are such a beautiful young woman Addy....6 ft of beauty and grace.  Quiet,  unless it's just one on one....and then you are a talker.  Even your chiropractor asked if you could come by yourself to your appointments because he SO enjoyed getting to know you and talking with you.  I can remember, just like it was yesterday, we were keeping you for your mom and dad.  You were about 3 months old.  Your mom gave me instructions on your middle of the night bottle....when we heard you stirring to pick you up....don't look toward those eyes of yours, but just pick you up and get the bottle warmed and give it to you.  Don't look, or talk, or smile at you, because if we did, we would be in for a few hours of playing =).  I had my parents and Papa's parents over that weekend....and to see them light up around you....just the sweetest thing ever.  Even my momma, deep into dementia at that time, you brought the biggest and sweetest smile on her face....she grabbed your little foot and kissed it and played with you.  My daddy got down on the floor with you....something about you just brought out the little boy in him.  





And I have told you a million times about the "Chopping"....I so wish I had it on video.  You standing there in a diaper, pink big necklace around your neck, those little plastic pink shoes with the pink feathers, and a purse on your arm....."Where are you going Addison?" I asked...."Oh MIMI....we go CHOPPING!!"  

Growing up, you and Avery were the bestest of friends.....oh the fun you girls have had.  I know life and personalities and things take you in different directions, and although I so wish you were still best buds.....I realize roads go different ways sometimes....but oh the memories of you two....love how you loved one another and enjoyed playing so hard together.  




Through the years, we have so enjoyed watching you grow and mature and one of the sweetest moments was when you were baptized.....


I have kept the text your daddy sent to us telling us that he prayed with you to accept Christ into your life....into your heart.  It was the sweetest....through tears he told us of your decision.  And just the other day, as he commented on the video I made in celebration of you turning 18, I told him that the pictures went by so quickly I wanted to be sure he saw this one.....because it was such an important one....his text back was "okay stop...tears".  Sweetest daddy you have there Addison Lane.  He's had Jesus so big in his life since he was a little bitty boy....and Jesus has just grown and grown so big in his heart.  I am SO very thankful that he shared that love with you and that you accepted Christ as your Savior.  It's an eternal decision.....one that we have prayed for for each member of our family every single day and I will continue that prayer every single day until my last breath.  My deepest desire is that every single one in our family will make the decision you did.  I pray too Addison Lane Corley that you always remember Christ....that you will keep Him close in your heart and that He will grow bigger and bigger as you love Him more and more.  Oh sweet girl, he has the BEST plan for you.....He is writing the sweetest story and if you just let Him have the pen for all your days, my goodness the sweetness that will follow.  Jeremiah 29:11.  Keep Him front and center Addyboo.

We met on the afternoon of your birthday to celebrate beautiful, wonderful, precious YOU.  The KC family came too!  You had a full day....with your mom and Alan til noon, then we celebrated and then your sweet friends took you out to dinner.  Oh Addison Lane Corley.....You are loved SO much!!!

















You are beautiful baby girl.  And yes, you will always be our sweet, brown-eyed, baby girl.  I pray for you every single day Addy.  I pray God's hand covering you, protecting you....guiding you.....and that your heart will be open to His lead.  We can't wait to see what God has planned for you in the years to come.  UNT here you come! Love you more than you can every know  - beyond measure!









Happy Birthday Beautiful!





No comments:

Post a Comment