Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

In getting some pictures together to put a little something about our momma's on FaceBook, i went through picture albums of momma and daddy's…..Oh my goodness, where did the time go?  With tears rolling down my cheeks, i paged through memory after memory.  Oh my goodness, i miss our parents! To Michael's mom, this post:

Happy Mother's Day memaw....we miss you so very much! You were such an example of how to love our Lord and Savior with every breath. Thank you being sure Michael knows and loves our Lord. You lived a life just waiting to see Jesus....at deaths door, you were like a child on Christmas morning....waiting to open that precious gift you had longed for so many years. Enjoy your Mother's Day with Him....I pray He will give you and momma great big hugs from us! We miss you memaw….

and to My momma, this post….


Not flesh of my flesh, nor bone of my bone, but still miraculously my own. Never forget for a single minute....I didn't grow under your heart, but in it. Oh momma....words can't say how thankful I am that God put me in your arms. You loved me up momma....you made me secure in your love....you were the greatest example of unconditional love....you prayed for me....you made sure I loved The Lord with all my heart....you were the perfect example of what a wife and mother should be. I couldn't have ever felt more loved had I grown under your heart. I love you momma....with all I have. I miss you more than words can say. But eternity waits....how blessed to know I will spend with you. Happy Mother's Day momma. Love, "your Cindy"

Oh how we were blessed with precious mommas!  I wish i could do it all over again……i would have spent more time….more visits….more dinners….more just one on one times with our mommas.  Time moves by so quickly!  Everyone that has reached a certain age tells you that, but you just don't realize it until it's time to look back.  

We had a fun Mother's day with the kids and Haley and Hayden.  Mother's Day isn't quite the same because we don't get to have Addy and Avery and now Audrey with us…..but we did enjoy our time together.  We went to True Fire for brunch…..that place is one of my very favorites!  


A cute thing happened there…. - we were at lunch and it took FOREVER for our food to come.  We didn't mind because we were busy visiting, but little Hayden - bless his heart, he was SO good.....but a couple of times he did try and get up.....he was just bored.  Anyway, toward the end of the meal, he told his momma "i wanna go to the toy store!" - there was a "Learning Express" about 2 doors down from where we were - anyway, Angie put him off and said "Oh Hayden, let's wait a while"- so a little later he said "Momma, dada can take me to the toy store and we just get a YIDDLE toy" - Angie told him "no buddy, let's wait until everyone's finished eating"  and just a few minutes later he looked at Chase and said "hey da-da - yets go to the toy store and we just get a YIDDLE toy" - biggest grin on his face......Chase told him "Buddy, let's wait a while".....well, i was through eating - they were all having dessert......Hayden was next to me so i grabbed his hand and said "Come on Hayden - Mimi will take you to the toy store" - well, i didn't realize what he said to the table as we were leaving......Angie told me later he had this HUGE grin on his face and hit eyes lit up and he said "Oh, i get a BIG toy!" - sweet baby.....he knows who loves him =)

It was really a fun afternoon - after the late lunch, we went back to Chase and Angie's and sat on the patio by the pool……sweet conversations and a few went swimming….i love my family so much.  Thank you Lord for each one of them.  They are precious gifts in my life!


 I am so proud of my boys……Lord they are wonderful sons - precious men.  Thank you for the gift of these boys and their families in our lives.  God your gifts are so precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment